Melvin Jones Fellowship
The Melvin Jones Fellowship recognizes donations of US$1,000. It is the backbone of LCIF, providing 75 percent of the foundation's revenue. A recognition of humanitarian work, an MJF is an honor presented to those who donate US$1,000 to LCIF or to people for whom a donation was made by others. Melvin Jones Fellows receive an attractive lapel pin, a plaque and a congratulatory letter.
Melvin Jones Fellows who make additional US$1,000 donations to LCIF, or in whose name US$1,000 donations are made, become part of the Melvin Jones Fellowship Progressive program.
To apply for a fellowship, complete the MJF Application form.
Contributions can be made by individuals (including non-Lions), clubs or districts. Contributions can be made in one sum, or in installments of a minimum of US$100 over a five-year period.
It is possible to make a donation and choose the MJF recipient later. Write "Melvin Jones Fellow to be named later" on the check or bank draft.
When an individual's or group of individuals' personal donation(s) are accumulated for a club's or district's use to select a Melvin Jones Fellowship recipient, LCIF needs the signed consent Please include such documentation with the completed MJF application that is sent to LCIF Donor Services.
For Melvin Jones Fellowship contributions or inquiries, contact LCIF Donor Services Department at 630-571-5466, ext.6897 or e-mail us.
- The Fellowship was established in 1973 and the Progressive program began in 1986 in response to Lions' request for a way to extend their commitment to LCIF.
- Donations through MJFs provide 75 percent of the Foundation's annual revenue.
- There are 100 levels in the Progressive program.
- Most of the funds raised during Campaign SightFirst and Campaign SightFirst II were through MJF donations.
- There are 302,745 MJFs worldwide and 55,273 PMJFs, as of January 2010
- The MJF luncheon began in 1984 and has been held at each convention since
- All MJFs are invited to the annual luncheon at convention (ticket purchase required) and their names are on a computer list of donors in the LCIF Room at International Headquarters
*Note that many countries charge customs and VAT charges for the importation of Melvin Jones Fellowship plaques. These fees are the responsibility of the individual or club locally receiving the plaque.
Lions Club Calendar
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
We are committed to pitching in with resources wherever we are needed in the world.