To create and foster a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international cooperation. The Lions motto is "We Serve".
Since its inception, the Henderson Lions Club has been dedicated to fulfilling the motto of all Lions Clubs: "We Serve". The club has always been active in all aspects of community service, with the primary goal being all areas that will promote the conservation of eyesight.
We meet each Tuesday, 11:30am - 1:00pm at 215 North Elm Street, Worsham Hall in Henderson, Kentucky.
The Henderson Lions Club, often referred to as the "City Lions", is a community service organization dedicated to The Henderson City Lions motto: "We Serve". The objectives of the Henderson Lions Club are:
• To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
• To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
• To take an active interest in civic, cultural, social, and moral welfare of the community.
• To unite the club in the bonds of friendship and mutual understanding.
• To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest, provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
• To encourage service-minded men and women to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in community professions, public works, and private endeavors.
Every Henderson Lions Club member will always strive to follow our Lions Code of Ethics at all times.
To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
To Seek success and to demand all fair renumeration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
To Remember that in building up my business, it is not necessary to tear down another; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or actions towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
To Always bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor, and means.
To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.